Writers’ Voices with Monica and Caroline on KRUU 100.1 FM and 1st World Publishing have teamed up again to host the 2015 Inkfingerz Creative Prose Contest, open to writers of book-length creative prose (fiction, memoir or creative non-fiction of at least 150 pages), who are or have been residents of Jefferson County, Iowa or neighboring counties in Southeast Iowa. Previous Inkfingerz winners are not eligible to enter.
Grand Prize winner will receive a full publishing, distribution and marketing contract with 1stWorld Publishing, under the imprint Inkfingerz which means:
- Your book will be available in soft-cover, hard-cover, and in E-book format
- You will retain the full copyrights to your published book
- You will earn a 40% royalty on each published book.
- You will receive an Author/Book Marketing web page on the 1stWorld online bookstore
- Your book will be available to order at over 24,000 bookstores worldwide and online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble as well as many other online booksellers.
- You will receive a one hour marketing consultation and get great tips, information and contacts to help you promote your book.
- You will receive Book Marketing Basics, a guide to help you market your book.
- Your book will receive an ISBN number and be registered with the Library of Congress
- You will be booked for a one-hour author interview on Writers’ Voices, KRUU 100.1 FM
- A book reading/signing event at Revelations Bookstore in Fairfield, Iowa will be scheduled.
1st Runner Up will receive a manuscript critique from the editors at 1st World Publishing
How to Enter the Inkfingerz 2015 Creative Prose Contest
- CONTEST DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 15, 2015. Submissions should be sent via one of the following:
- Email: Inkfingerz@lisco.com (Email entries will receive a confirmation), or
- Snail mail: Manuscript or CD mailed to Inkfingerz, PO Box 2211, Fairfield, IA 52556, or
- In Person: Manuscript or CD dropped off at KRUU, 405 N 2nd Street, Fairfield
- Email submissions are preferred
- All submissions must represent complete, edited, works available as digital files (Microsoft Word or pdf) and a minimum of 150 double spaced pages.
- Each submission should consist of:
- A single page query letter (A synopsis of your work) and
- 10 – 20 double spaced pages from your manuscript
- Five finalists will be chosen by a panel of judges (Writers, Publishers, Educators), to read their work at a public reading during the 2015 FAIRfest, at Art 52 Gallery, 2 pm, Sunday June 21. Readings will be recorded and broadcast on Writers’ Voices with Monica and Caroline on KRUU 100.1 FM, Fridays at 1 pm and Mondays at 8 am during subsequent weeks, and posted on www.writersvoices.com and the Inkfingerz Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inkfingerz/534232809972999?fref=ts.)
- Voting will take place at writersvoices.com from the time of the reading through the month of July.
- Finalists must either be current residents of Jefferson or neighboring counties or must attest to at least two years of prior residency.
- Entry fee is a$20.00 suggested donation to KRUU, by check or via PayPal at www.kruufm.com.
- Manuscripts and entry fees are nonreturnable.
- Winners will be announced live on Writers’ Voices, KRUU 100.1 FM, in August 2015.
Contact: Monica Hadley
Producer, Co-Host, Writers’ Voices – KRUU-LP 100.1FM The Voice of Fairfield, IA firstname.lastname@example.org